Buffelsfontein is a fairly small private reserve on the West Coast, it does not offer all the Big 5 but has a large variety of interesting wild life including (Cheetahs, Lions and Caracal in enclosures), Buffalo, Rhino, Giraffe, Zebra, Eland, Kudu, Oryx, Springbok, Duiker as well as a host of birds including Ostrich and other mammals and birds.
Collection would be around 09h00 and our first stop would be Blaauwberg Beach where you can take lovely pictures of Table Mountain across Table Bay, that picture is after all what attracts people to the Mother City! From there we usually visit the West Coast Ostrich Ranch where you learn all sorts of interesting facts about the Ostrich industry and have the option of sitting on an Ostrich! There may be time to visit a wine farm in the Durbanville Wine Growing Area, but we will play that by ear. You may prefer to skip the Ostriches and take a couple of wine farms, this is also possible! From there an interesting stop is !Kwa ttu which is a Celebration of the San Culture where you will learn all about the San (Bushmen) beliefs, language, hunting techniques and Lifestyle. They also have a great restaurant where we could have lunch.
We then make our way to Buffelsfontein for their afternoon Safari to board the reserve’s 4x4 vehicle and set off on the two to three hour game drive. The game ranger is very informative and quite amusing and goes out of his way to make sure you find those elusive animals. The highlight of the game drive is the Cheetah encounter which is unlike any other cheetah encounter!
- the use of the vehicle
- driver/guide for around 8 to 9 hours
- fuel and refreshments on board the vehicle
- lunch and refreshments on the game drive
- The Game Drive is around 3 hours in duration, water is served on the vehicle but there are no meals included.
Children: 4-12 R250
Children up to 3: No charge
- Collection will be around 09h00 and return around 18h30, but we do it at your pace so times may vary according to your preference, the day is yours.
- The 7 seater luxury air-conditioned vehicle will be stocked with water and be driven with your comfort and safety in mind. Join us for an unforgettable tour!
All other entrances and wine tasting are on a ‘pay as you go’ basis.