Be sure to bring your passport, driver’s license, and any other identifying information from your country. To be on the safe side, make copies of your documents, including credit cards. Keep copies of these items with you. To be completely certain of no mistakes, keep a copy of all your documents with a close friend or relative who could send them to you easily if you ever needed them.
Please have a look at the following websites and talk to your travel agent about what documentation and inoculations you need to come to South Africa go2africa.com/african-travel-blog/vaccinations-need-africa and http://www.visasouthafrica.org/visa/yellow-fever-belt/ and http://www.southafrica
What are the requirements for entering South Africa?
You will need:
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay
- Two blank pages in your passport for endorsements
- A valid visa, if required….USA citizens do not need Visas
- Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay
- A return or onward ticket
- Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt
Do I need a visa to visit South Africa?
Depending on your nationality, and the purpose and duration of your visit, you may not need a visa to visit South Africa.
- See the Department of Home Affairs' list of countries exempt from South African visas
U.S citizens are exempt unless they are diplomatic staff who are working for the US Embassy here
Yellow Fever is only required if you are travelling through any of the countries listed on the Yellow Fever Belt http://www.visasouthafrica.org/visa/yellow-fever-belt/